Pages

Thursday 26 April 2012

DIY - The Worlds Best Sugar Free Chocolate Syrip

One of my pet peeves is things that are sugar free that don't taste as good as the real thing!  The problem with these things is that they make you want the real thing even more and set you up for a diet failure.  Now I don't diet as a rule but it seems like more and more people I know are diabetic and I have a new son who I would like to save from that path so I have been developing sugar free recipes for my family that are just as good or better than the full sugar version.  The only problem I have found with this recipe is that I have been drinking twice as much chocolate milk now that it is sugar free. 

You Will Need:

1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Cocoa
1/2 Cup Splenda Brown Sugar (This is twice as sweet as regular brown sugar)
1 tsp. Vanilla
A dash of salt

In a small sauce pan mix cocoa and brown sugar together first (this will make it easier to incorporate the cocoa in the water) and then stir in water, vanilla and salt.  Bring everything to a boil over medium high heat and allow to boil for about 30 seconds stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and cool completely.  Store in the refrigerator and use exactly as you would use name brand syrup.  I defy you to taste a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment